The full sequence of events was I had no spellcheck available in Libreoffice and when I checked the settings no language modules were listed in the ‘available’ section which was blank. I then went to Octopi and selected to install the Libreoffice-en-GB languge module listed there which then generated the error I copied from the terminal.
This is all I can see in the log.
[2023-04-22T12:26:04-0300] [PACMAN] Running '/usr/bin/pacman -S --noconfirm apps/libreoffice-en-GB'
[2023-04-22T12:26:45-0300] [PACMAN] Running '/usr/bin/pacman -S --noconfirm apps/libreoffice-en-GB main/hunspell-en'
[2023-04-22T12:30:06-0300] [PACMAN] Running '/usr/bin/pacman -S --noconfirm apps/libreoffice-en-GB'
[2023-04-22T12:42:01-0300] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman -S libreoffice-en-GB 22.214.171.124-1'
[2023-04-22T12:42:18-0300] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman -S libreoffice-en-GB'
I then found I could install dictionaries direct from the Libreoffice options and did so for the entry listed there as ‘English dictionaries’ after which spellchecking was active. After that the entries in the writing aids - available language modules section now read:
Incidentally no language modules are showing as being installed according to Octopi.